EcoYogini's Eco-Face Routine:
- Wash makeup brushes weekly. Makeup, sweat, dirt particles stick on those bristles- rubbing that all over your face only helps breakouts. Using your shampoo, gently clean and allow to dry overnight.
- Rinse out the conditionner from your hair BEFORE you wash your face. Conditionner along the hairline of your face can cause breakouts.
(My honey jar all full!)
My face staples:
- Honey as a face wash. It's been two years since I've ONLY been using honey to wash my face and I would never go back. It's the only thing that cleans without drying out my skin or making it bright red and blotchy. I use raw honey that I buy from the market (and Halifax crafter's) so it's unrefined.
- Why Honey? It's moisturizing, anti-microbial, antibacterial, it's gentle, it's cheap, and healing. Check out Crunchy Betty's blog post for more details on why Honey as face wash rocks.
- Unrefined honey means that it can crystalize easier. The little crystals add a gentle exfoliation aspect (feels like sugar). You can easily control the amount of crystals by rubbing the honey between your hands more (for less crystals) or less (for more exfoliation action).
(My oatmeal lavender scrub all ready to be jarred!)