This weekend it has finally felt like Spring has a glimmer of hope of arriving in Halifax. (Even though this coming week it's giving a possibility of snow...) With this glimmer comes the realization that as soon as it's above 15 degrees (C) on a Saturday we will be practicing yoga near the ocean once again!
This summer will mark our fourth summer practicing yoga in Point Pleasant Park. The fourth summer where anyone who is interested may pop in and practice yoga amidst the sun, atlantic ocean and wind with absolutely no charge, without even the slightest suggestion, implication or pressure to pay (ie 100% free, no donation necessary).
I am so proud to say that throughout discussions, space change and a few dramas, we have kept YITP to equate the opportunity for all to practice surrounded by nature in a public place free of charge.
Practicing yoga outside makes me happy, and the purpose of YITP is to simply share that moment with others... practicing yoga while listening to the waves of the ocean as a community.
(YITP 2010 at Point Pleasant Park)
This summer, I would like to send out a call for any Yoga Instructor who would love to share this practice and their sequence with us.
What sharing your practice and love with the YITP community would look like:
- Choosing a Saturday morning this summer that works for you and committing to this morning.
- Leading the practice simultaneously while you practice (talking through your practice)
- Or, "teaching" a class in the formal sense- it is completely your discretion.
- Practicing with other yogis in a casual, safe and informal atmosphere.
- Sharing the joy of your yoga practice with others in the beautiful setting of ocean, wind and forest.
If you are a HRM yogi (or instructor) who would love to simply attend and enjoy your practice with Halifax YITP this summer the BEST way to keep up with times and dates would be joining our facebook group: "Halifax Yoga in the Park".