People tend to like to recap and move forward. Generally I think this can be a wonderful idea, especially if you journal. But I'm thinking I'll keep the majority of mine private... just because I'm a bit hipster that way- don't want to do it if it's already been done.
What I will say, though, in relation to this blog, is that 2012 definitely saw a HUGE step back in my yoga practice. I think I attended a grand total of 8 in person classes the entire year. Wouldn't you know we also managed to save way more money towards our future eco-home this year. Are the two related? I would think so.
What yoga means today just really doesn't resonate with me anymore. The spiritual side doesn't speak to me, it just makes me think of vacuous pop psych one liners and insincere platitudes ("negative people are our teachers" blegh).
I really really am just craving something extremely sincere (I won't say "authentic" because that word has lost all meaning in it's co-option)... and the general trendy yoga isn't cutting it.
I'm still practicing yoga though. Just in my home, using yogaglo, with my peeps. I'll still attend the sporadic classes and try to find REAL books that resonate with real-ness. Who knows- 2013 may bring a reconnection and resurgence of everything YOGA. I'm hopeful this is the case.
So, to end this cranky pants blog post on something fantabulous, here are a few things to look forward to here at little old EcoYogini underverse:
- a few more posts on reading, the kindle, and the general fantabulous of Goodreads
- Some goodness on the Naturopathic overshare journey
- Hopefully a few more adventures and natural beauty- I'm thinking shampoo is next...
- At least TWO more live performances in Halifax at coffeeshops
- At least FIVE more songs written (that I like)
- Speaking more French to Andrew and my friends on a regular basis.
- Starting to plan a mini EcoYogini creation... (hopefully for 2014)...
(just ignore where Atreyu is wandering in the photo... this is my "I have galaxy leggings!" pose)