(awww, isn't he just so cute? sadly Atreyu was a premature kitten, which means incubator prior to the SPCA and some pretty weird cat-deficiencies... he's our broken kitten and we love him)
1. You're excited to tell friends the latest, cutest thing your cat has done. This is the first sign and is a creeper. I mean, who wouldn't want to know just how CUTE your little kitten is? Then... then you get friends who obviously start making up the grocery list as you go on and on about your kitten. And you just.can't.stop.
(Everyone, meet Asteya. She pretends to be delicate, but she can kick some serious Atreyu a%$).
2. You get another cat because your first one is JUST SO LONELY all by his lonesome self. So you get a poor innocent cat for him to torture and terrorize. Ok, so now you have TWO cats to go on about and you refer to them both as "Kitten". Even though they are adult cats.
(lick lick- BITE, chase attack, lick lick lick BITE.... after two weeks of supervised visits- Atreyu in the living room+kitchen, Asteya in our bedroom-bathroom, they are now like brother and sister. Only minimal hissing and fur flying)
3. Whereas once cats on furniture would have grossed you out, you now accept that as long as you clean furiously, cat #2 (Asteya) is actually a normally functioning cat and will jump a zillion feet high while cat #1 (Atreyu) watches from below in astonishment. You are no longer grossed out but think it's cute how she hangs out on the table next to your computer.
The epitome of their personalities. Atreyu likes to sleep letting the world see what he doesn't got (neutered) and Asteya is very prim and proper.
4. Purring stops you in your tracks. Doesn't matter what you're doing. Oh, you were putting on makeup and Atreyu (cognitively impaired kitten #1) decides it's time for cuddles?? Ah well, makeup can wait.
(awwww, so cute :))
5. While in downward dog the kittens decide it's cuddle with your face time... and instead of annoying you it makes you so very happy. The integrity of the posture will be sacrificed in order to avoid pushing your kittens off the mat.
Sigh, goodbye "pushes cats off of coffee table to protect food" Lisa and Welcome "Lisa, the Cat Lady".
article copyright of EcoYogini at ecoyogini.blogspot.com