I think it's funny that it's called a MeMe award. About a month ago I finally caved and asked Andrew what the heck was this thing called a Meme? Being Francophone I assumed it meant "the same".... um no. Andrew being the patient guy that he is, looked up the official definition of MeMe on Wikipedia and as the nerds that we are we spent a bit of time laughing at previous Meme's of the past. Actually, I'm still not 100% sure what a MeMe is exactly, sadly I am not "hip" in the computer-bloggy lingo.
In any case, this award entitles me to share 7 tidbits about myself with you, my lovely eco-warriors! Although 7 tidbits would be fun, being the "rebel" that I try to be I thought I'd give you one HUGE tidbit. A song. I wrote this one while living in Montreal, the first winter while staring at my computer background that had those yellow tulips. I had been going through a rough patch with my then-boyfriend who was living in Fredericton NB (longdistance was the story of my life for about four years...).
Last night, after watching "Dead Poet's Society" on the outside screen at the Halifax Pier (while the moon rose over the harbour) and having drunk WAY too much red wine, I got Andrew to record me singing. I made myself listen to a few this morning... before grimacing and deleting them all. I thought I sounded WAY better than I did lol. So- I gathered up random bits of courage (I've never exposed my music this way before!) and got him to try again. The lighting is pretty terrible, but actually it makes me feel less exposed... so I'm all for not being able to actually see myself very well!
Now to pass along this award to 7 fun bloggers!
1. Dr. Jay over at Yoga for Cynics: for your awesome posts that confuse me and make me think at the same time. Also, I feel smart after reading them and understanding about 80% some days! And the comments that you leave on my blog ALWAYS make me laugh :)
2. Roseanne from It's all yoga baby: I've been enjoying reading your thoughtful and thought provoking posts on yoga and the industry. You always post something fresh and new! Plus you are from Montreal- how I miss that city.
3. Sharper from Rootless Tree: for your honesty and candor in sharing your yoga-newness journey.
4. Caroline from Caroline's Crayons: I adore your art! It is always moving, honest and beautiful.
5. Mandy from Yoga Addicted: cuz you practiced yoga on ROLLERSKATES! So cool.
6. Flo from Southern Yogi: for your bravery and passion in standing up with integrity and grace when a serious "troll" commenter left that negative comment on your beautiful blog. I admire you.
7. To all my readers, really I don't like choosing only a few blogs out of all those that I read. There are such wonderful things about all of them! I give this award to all of you :)