How to not hate your body:
- accept that the medical test results are right and that you are perfectly healthy.
- therefore, accept that you will menstruate every 1.5 to 2 weeks for at least 10-12 days straight.
- accept the fact that the doctor informed you that "this is the way you're built".
- don't imagine kicking the doctor in her shins. That's not nice. Maybe imagine it a little.
- be happy that you don't have cancer, or fibroids, or a missing uterus.
- be angry that you don't have cancer, or fibroids, or a missing uterus.
- go back to being very relieved, guilty that you even thought the angry-cancer part- and repeat.
- acknowledge that your body is strong and capable of running and a vigorous yoga practice.
- be excited that you can build muscles- it will come in handy when you become a superhero.
- celebrate that you can make babies in your non-missing uterus.
- go rock in a corner at the thought of pregnancy and child birth and what that would do to your now present uterus and other bits.
- get back on track and think of positive things about your body.
- like how you don't have ugly feet.
- and you don't have to pluck your eyebrows anymore cuz wouldn't you know, your mom was right: they stop growing after you turn 25.
- your vocal folds are pretty darn fantastical as they allow you to sing without people cringing.
- your brain and heart, although sensitive, allow you to be creative, enjoy fantasy novels, create music, to laugh and to love the wonderful man who is your husband. Excellent.
- And the giraffe neck is perfect for wearing ridiculously long and dangly earrings.
Basically, how not to hate your body is to be grateful that you have one.
(me-not hating my body while we dance to LMFAO at 1am at the cottage last weekend)