I had no idea how dysfunctional a few of my relationships were until I "broke" up with them. My life became more simple with less drama and stress. I wasn't spending time complaining about life/work/school/relationships anymore (ok, well as much!).
Small "good karma" practice makes me feel great. Like holding the door for people, paying for a lady's bag, getting a coffee for the homeless man outside of Tim's (whether or not they were actually begging for coffee money- at least they have something warm to drink).
This is why I like the idea of "Pay it Forward". Jen from Dark Purple Moon is hosting a fun crafty pay it forward which involves creating something and getting it in the mail. I love getting mail- which is another reason why this event is gonna rock. Although shipping things far and wide isn't the most environmentally friendly thing on the planet, the joy of receiving a care package is one of my favourite things. My mom used to send me Kraft Dinner and homemade chocolate chip cookies while I was in university in old shoe boxes. Awesome.
Here are the rules:
- I will make a handmade gift for the first three people who comment on this post.
- I technically have 365 days to do this (although because I'm type A, I'll probably get it done before xmas... lol)
- What it will be and when it will arrive will be a total surprise (ok, I guess the second part I should have read before I wrote about my Type A-ness lol)
- you must have a blog to participate
- Before or after you comment here, you must do a write up of the pay it forward on your space and keep the "Good Karma" flowin' :)
- I am not a fantastic crafter... just so you're aware...
- I'll be trying to figure out some eco-friendly ways to ship my handmade goodies :)
- Since I don't have the "email" option as a blogspot address I'll announce early next week who "won" this awesome pay it forward and ask them to email me.
article copyright of EcoYogini at ecoyogini.blogspot.com