Saturday, February 21, 2009

Someday...

Let me just preface this by saying that I love Flat Bags. LOVE. I love that they are made by these fun hippies in Nelson BC (THE mecca for hippies in the interior). I love that they are made from old flat bike tires and rediscovered fabrics. Most of all, I think they are beautiful. 

On their website they have a link that says: "Why Flat?" It brings you to this picture:

One day, as I was gazing at their wonderful selection, I came across- GASP- YOGA BAGS. Well, of course they would make yoga bags, they DO live in Nelson BC. Unfortunately I already have a non-eco friendly yoga bag, and so does my fiancĂ©, so no passing along my old bag to him. Sigh. 

I do own a beautiful cute little flat bag: it's blue and only one of TWO purses
 that I own. I do feel fantastic about only owning two purses. I am the minority in my circle of friends. YAY low consumption! My flat bag has been fantastic, I can fit quite a bit in the little bag and the little magnetic clasps are sturdy and work wonderfully.
Here in the city, LoveMe Boutique carries a bunch of different types!

Since my sewing skills are nil (I don't even own a needle and thread) and I probably won't try to make my own yoga bag, I'm thinking this yoga bag would make a fantastic GIFT someday...

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and I think it's great. I'm a fellow Nova Scotian, but living in the country, and Iit's great to keep informed on all the yoga stuff going on in Halifax.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! So I don't miss a comment, I like "pre-approving" them :)
I ask only that we stay respectful.
Also, please note that this is a personal blog and not a space for advertising your company. I reserve the right to delete "advertising" comments.

**NB: The ANONYMOUS option is the BEST way to comment if you don't have a blogger or established google/gmail account.
Merci!